I have ten years of professional software development experience using JAVA open source technologies.
In my past projects, I’ve been acting first as developer and later as software architect and lead developer, involved in the project architecture, technical leadership, API design, coaching, release management, (test-driven) development and third-party system integration.
I have a genuine enthusiasm for test-driven development, REST architecture, (micro) service oriented application architecture and agile development methodologies and I’m committed to developing my knowledge and keeping up-to-date continuously.
I speak French, Dutch and English.
- Software Architecture : technical leadership, technology selection, standards and guidelines, coaching, integration with external systems, infrastructure configuration, deployment, documentation
- Application Frameworks: Spring (2/3/4) (Core / MVC / Security / Data / Web Services / Integration / Batch / Boot / Flex), Hibernate (Core / Validator / Search), JPA, Apache Lucene, JBoss Drools, JMS, Adobe BlazeDS
- Front-end: HTML, JSP, jQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Adobe Flex
- Test Frameworks: JUnit, Mokito, EasyMock, JBehave, JMeter, DbUnit, Unitils, Jasmine, Selenium, FlexUnit
- Build Tools: Apache Maven, Apache ANT
- Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss AS
- Databases: MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, H2, HSQLDB
- IDEs: Eclipse, Spring Tool Suite (STS), IntelliJ IDEA
- Revision Control: Git, Mercurial, Subversion
- Collaboration Tools: Atlassian Jira / Bamboo / Confluence, Jenkins / Hudson, Sonar
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Red Hat), Mac OS X
- Development Methodologies: Scrum (Agile)
- Virtualization: Docker, Proxmox
Software Architect & Java Lead Developer (Freelance)
Central Balance Sheet Office, National Bank of Belgium, Belgium (October 2015 - August 2016)
- The National Bank of Belgium has been Belgium's central bank since 1850. It performs tasks in the general interest at both national and international level. The Central Balance Sheet Office collects and handles the annual accounts of nearly all legal entities active in Belgium and makes these accounts available for the public.
- Java Lead Developer: new development & maintenance, coaching of the developers, code review, quality management, test-driven development, release management, integration with external systems, documentation.
- Technical environment: Java 6 / 8, Spring (Core, Batch), Hibernate, DB Unit, Apache CXF, JAXB, Apache Tomcat 8, Oracle Database 11g, IntelliJ IDEA, Maven, Atlassian Jira / Bamboo / Confluence, Subversion.
DB2P Project, SIGeDIS, Belgium (March 2011 - September 2015)
- SIGeDIS is a non-profit organisation which provides mainly individual social security data management services.
- The goal of the DB2P applications is the collecting and monitoring of supplementary pensions data. The data are collected either via an online web applications or via a XML batch channels (processing up to 250.000 XML documents in a day).
- The project development follows a test-driven approach. The project is managed using Scrum (agile development methodology).
- Software Architect & Java Lead Developer: technical leadership, API design, coaching of the developers, coding guidelines, code review, quality management, test-driven development, release management, integration with external systems, documentation, platform migration (Java 8 & Jboss AS 8).
- Technical environment: Java 6 & 8, Spring (Core, MVC, Web Services, Integration, Batch), Hibernate, Liquibase, JMS, JAXB, JSP, JUnit, EasyMock, Struts, JSP, HTML, jQuery, JBoss Application Server 5.1 & 8.2, Oracle Database 11g, Eclipse IDE, Maven, Atlassian Jira, Hudson, Sonar, Subversion.
CRM Project, Brasserie Lefebvre & Lindemans, Belgium (January 2011 - Now)
- Implementation of a Brewing Industry specific Customer Relationship Management solution.
- The CRM is used by (1) the sales representatives to encode customers data, visits, expenses, investments and orders; (2) the managers to consult customers data and create reports; (3) as a data source for the online email marketing solution & website.
- In charge of the project architecture, test-driven development and infrastructure (Proxmox Virtual Environment).
- Technical environment: Java 8, Dynamic Code Evolution VM, Spring (Core, Data, MVC, Integration), Hibernate (ORM, Validator, Search), Apache Lucene, JUnit, Mockito, JSP, HTML, Bootstrap, jQuery, AngularJS, Jasmine, Selenium, Apache Tomcat 8, Apache HTTP Server, MySQL Database, Proxmox, Eclipse IDE (STS), Maven, Atlassian Jira, Jenkins, Sonar, Git.
Credelnet / IRIS Project, Ducroire | Delcredere, Belgium (September 2010 - March 2011)
- Ducroire | Delcredere's mission is to protect its clients against the risks associated with domestic and international commercial transactions and to facilitate the financing thereof.
- The Credelnet and IRIS applications manage the different steps of the credit insurance business flow of the company and partners, from a new request issued by a customer to the final decision. The applications integrate with legacy back-ends and with partners' systems.
- Implementation of new functionalities (front-end and back-end) on top of the existing applications. The development follows a test-driven development approach.
- Lead developer of the Flex front-end.
- Technical environment: Flex / AIR, Spring, Spring Security, Hibernate, Hibernate Envers, JUnit, Mokito, Tomcat, Ehcache, MySQL, Eclipse IDE, Maven, Atlassian Jira, Hudson.
Truvo MySite Project, Emakina, Belgium (January 2010 - July 2010)
- MySite is an award-winning Java web application that gives Truvo advertisers (in Belgium, Ireland and Portugal) the opportunity to create and maintain their ideal website within the Golden Pages website with a minimum amount of time and knowledge.
- The project development follows a test-driven approach. The project is managed using Scrum.
- In charge of stability and performance code refactorings of the online application.
- Implementation of new functionalities (front-end and back-end).
- Technical environment: Spring 3, JSP, SiteMesh, JAXB, Spring Security, ActiveMQ, Hibernate, JUnit, Unitils, Tomcat, Terracotta, Ehcache, Memcached, MySQL, DbMaintain, Eclipse IDE, Maven, Atlassian Bamboo & Jira.
SAAZ project, Brasserie Lefebvre, Belgium (January 2009 - Present)
- Development of an application managing multiple aspects of the brewing process.
- In charge of the project architecture, development (test-driven) and infrastructure.
- Technical environment: Flex 3, FlexUnit, Java 6, Spring 3, Lombok, Hibernate, Hibernate Validator, JasperReports, JUnit, EasyMock, Unitils, DbUnit, H2, Maven, Cobertura, Subversion, MySQL, Tomcat.
Java & Flex Consultant @ Velixis (February 2008 - December 2009)
NOP Portal Project, EUROCONTROL (CFMU), Belgium (July 2008 - December 2009)
- The NOP Portal aims at facilitating the CFMU Users’ access to all kinds of dynamic data and operational information in a consolidated way. Its ultimate goal is to facilitate decision making for all Air Traffic Flow and Capacity Management (ATFCM) actors (Aircraft operators, Airport services, Air and Navigation Service Provider, etc.) by sharing the most up to date view on the Network Operations situation along the ATFCM cycle (plans, events, scenarios, real-time information on flights and measures, etc.).
- In charge of the Flex development (build, back-end integration, architectural guidelines, lead).
- Java development.
- Technical environment: Adobe Flex 3, PureMVC, Java 5, Adobe BlazeDS, ANT, Selenium.
Sanoma Magazines, Belgium (November 2008 - December 2008)
- Development of a graphical interface managing the orders and the payments of an online shop (SAP back-end). In charge of the Flex development.
- Technical environment: Adobe Flex 3, Web Services, BlazeDS, ANT.
Java & Flex Consultant @ Sword Technologies (May 2007 - January 2008)
CASPER Project, RTBF, Belgium (May 2007 - July 2008)
- The CASPER application (Calculs Automatiques sur Salaires, Primes Et Récupérations) is a service oriented time tracking application in charge of the salary, bonus and compensatory time computation. The computation logic is handled by a business rules based analysis module.
- Initial setting-up of the whole project and validation of the technologies with the application architect.
- Lead developer of the Java back-end and the Flex front-end. The development follows a test-driven development approach.
- In charge of the analysis and the implementation (using JBoss Drools) of the business rules based analysis module.
- Technical environment: Adobe Flex 2, PureMVC, Adobe LiveCycle Data Services, Java 5, Spring 2.5 (Core / Security / Web Services), Hibernate 3, JBoss Drools, JAXB, JUnit, Maven, Hudson, Subversion, MySQL, Oracle, Tomcat.
Junior Java Consultant @ Accelior (July 2006 - April 2007)
WEL Project, ING Lease, Belgium (October 2006 – April 2007)
- The goal of the Web Enabled Leasing (WEL) project is to automate ING Lease Belgium’s core order management process ("quote to contract"). The system implements a unified front-end user interface and process layer orchestrating access to 18 back-end legacy systems (mainframe, client server etc.).
- Implementation of new functionalities for the Struts based front-end.
- In charge of the data exportation in the contract management system (Oracle Database).
WEM Project, ING Bank, Belgium (July 2006 – October 2006)
- The goal of the Web Enabled Mortgage (WEM) project is to automate ING Bank Belgium’s mortgage management process.
- In charge of the development of a proof of concept.
- Technical environment: Java 5, Oracle ADF, XMLBeans, Oracle JDeveloper.
Professional Trainings & Certifications
- MongoDB for DBAs Course and Certification (M102), MongoDB University (July 2013)
- MongoDB for Java Developers Course and Certification (M101J), MongoDB University (May 2013)
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer (August 2011)
- SpringSource Certified Spring Professional (November 2009)
- Core Spring Framework Training, SpringSource University (October 2009)
Master in Computer Science, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium (2000 - 2006)
- Thesis: Breakdown scenario automation applied to Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing. Design and implementation of a graphical tool to manage and trace errors on BGP routing using Java.
- French: Native proficiency
- Dutch: Professional working proficiency
- English: Professional working proficiency
- Marital status: Married
- Birthday: March 11, 1981 (Ronse, Belgium)
- Interests: Snowboarding, Mountain Biking, Squash, Running, Hiking